Goodbye 2013 ♥
So this is my last post of the year. Obviously I haven't written much these past two months BUT you know, it's the last day of the year and everyone has their obligatory post.
This year has been a whirlwind of emotions, trials, failures and successes. But overall, I'd have to say this has been one of the best years of my adult life. I graduated college, taken time off to travel to some of the most beautiful places in the world, crossed numerous things off of my bucket list, fallen head over heels with my best friend, and most importantly I've really found myself. I've spent a lot of time doing the things I love and avoiding the things ( & people) that I don't. I've made some of the greatest friends while working at Frankie's and I've learned more about my potential as a human being than I ever thought possible. I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for me and for those in my life.
I started the year with this poem and I think it's a good one too end on, too. I have it in my phone, on my bathroom mirror, in my journal and countless other places in my life. It's a great reminder of how to consciously live your life to the fullest and to just take things as they come.
Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe, i'll see you next year ;)
"Just be and be not fretful,
For worry complicates things.
I have found that the simplest of
pleasures are what give my life its flavor.
Live present...in the moment. Let tomorrow be just that.
Attachment to what the future may bring
will make you and me miss today.
Share always without wanting.
Speak freely without fear. Give generously all of your laughter.
It costs nothing, yet is priceless.
Rejoice in life and love, for today you draw a breath and know without a doubt
That your best friend is alive and well inside you."
-Anonymous
This year has been a whirlwind of emotions, trials, failures and successes. But overall, I'd have to say this has been one of the best years of my adult life. I graduated college, taken time off to travel to some of the most beautiful places in the world, crossed numerous things off of my bucket list, fallen head over heels with my best friend, and most importantly I've really found myself. I've spent a lot of time doing the things I love and avoiding the things ( & people) that I don't. I've made some of the greatest friends while working at Frankie's and I've learned more about my potential as a human being than I ever thought possible. I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for me and for those in my life.
I started the year with this poem and I think it's a good one too end on, too. I have it in my phone, on my bathroom mirror, in my journal and countless other places in my life. It's a great reminder of how to consciously live your life to the fullest and to just take things as they come.
Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe, i'll see you next year ;)
"Just be and be not fretful,
For worry complicates things.
I have found that the simplest of
pleasures are what give my life its flavor.
Live present...in the moment. Let tomorrow be just that.
Attachment to what the future may bring
will make you and me miss today.
Share always without wanting.
Speak freely without fear. Give generously all of your laughter.
It costs nothing, yet is priceless.
Rejoice in life and love, for today you draw a breath and know without a doubt
That your best friend is alive and well inside you."
-Anonymous
Comments
Post a Comment