One year, three months && three days... This is the turnaround.

One year, three months and three days...


That's how long it's been since I've felt like myself. Or at least the "old" me. Something happened that day that changed who I was and has turned me into a person that I hardly even recognize. I've hurt myself and I've hurt some people along the way. I drink too much and throw away all my hard earned money in the process, I say things that I don't mean to the people that I love, I eat like crap and I sleep all the time and I'm incredibly hard on myself. I just don't care anymore. I just stopped caring. 

But today, all of that changes. This is not me. This is not who I am and it is certainly not who I want to be. 

You see, I've been so focused on all of the bad things that have happened over the past year, that I've become absolutely miserable with who I am and this life that I feel "stuck" in... Sometimes I even think that those close to me don't even want to hear me talk. And I don't want to be that person anymore. I can't afford to be that person anymore, financially or emotionally. 

So today, that changes. Today, I start working on the person that I've always wanted to be and the person I always saw myself being. I'm a 25-year-old college grad, with a family && friends that most people would kill to have, I have a job -two actually-, a house full of animals that I couldn't be more obsessed with (judge all you want, they're seriously the greatest and everyone knows that!) I've got too much to lose to keep living the way that I am. It's not going to be easy, but I'm excited at what all I will learn about myself and what I have to offer as a person.

To everyone who has been there for me through all of this, I can't thank you enough for your patience and love. I know that I have been far from the easiest person to deal with recently and I want to say I'm Sorry and Thank You. I can't promise that I'll be anywhere near perfect, but I can promise that I will try my best to be a better person, sister, daughter and friend than I have been. You all deserve nothing short of my best and I promise to work hard to give you that. Thank you.

Today is the day. And it starts with a real breakfast (bacon included, obviously), a trip to the gym, a clean house && a few hours to read before work. I'd say that's a pretty good start ♥



This is the turnaround.

Comments

Popular Posts